Monday, April 28, 2008

Scotland Trip

I have just come back from Scotland just a few weeks ago and had a great time. I met a lot of crafts people their including a fellow skin boat builder that was working on a Bristol Bay style kayak. I was impressed with his work and also learned a few things from hanging out with Bill Samson. I made a movie were Bill is giving a demo making ribs with willow I hope you all like it. The movie also has shots of Edinburgh in it as well. I hope to go back to Scotland and teach work shops in the fall.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger coalhole said...

As someone involved in a community boat building project at Tolcross community centre, (building an Irish "curragh" amongst other things) I'd be very interested to get contact details for Bill Samson.....

Rob Hainsworth

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home